Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Hate Twilight — 14

“I just can’t,” I said, snatching my hand back and walking out the room. In my head, I wrote my own version of ten things I hate about you:

I hate the way you talk to me,
And the way you cut your hair,
I hate the way you drive your car,
I hate it when you stare.

I hate your big dumb Volvo,
And the way you read my mind,
I hate you so much that it makes me sick,
It even makes me rhyme.

I hate the way you’re always right,
I hate it when you lie,
I hate it when you make me laugh,
Even worse when you make me cry.

I hate the way you’re not around,
And the fact that you didn’t call,
But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you,
Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.


I wiped away the tear that managed to escape my eye. I shook my head, trying to erase it all. I trailed into the woods and came across a clearly. I sat down on a large rock in the middle of the of the clearing to think things through.
I can’t like him, I just can’t. I hate him for making me think this.
I sighed in frustration at both Edward and myself. I needed to get away, and fast. I thought back to the film, and remembered that that sparkly thing couldn’t go down to La Push. But then there was Jacob, the psycho wolf. Be in love with the patient Edward, or the psycho wolf, who is also determined on making me his. Hm.. home it is. I got of the rock and headed home.
I walked up to my room to see that it was all clear. Thank God.

The next morning I did my daily morning routine: get up, shower, dressed, makeup, put in piercings, have Marie shout that Edward’s here, shimmy down a tree and then run to school.
I reached the school dripping wet to face an angry and hurt Carmen. I gulped looking at her blazing eyes; I really didn’t want to hurt her.
I felt a pair of eyes follow me as I walked over to her, and as soon as I got to my destination, a loud slapping noise echoed everywhere, followed by a furious snarl that I guessed came from Edward and his family. I looked at the floor, trying to keep my anger down as Carmen shouted and screamed in my face. I balled up my fist as she was getting on my last nerve. She raised her hand again to slap me. In a midair swing I caught her wrist, squeezing it until she whimpered then punched her in the stomach. She doubled over, grasping her stomach with her other hand, out of breath. I looked at her with emotionless eyes, letting her wrist go.
“I did nothing to you,” I said blankly. I walked past her to my first lesson. I sat down in my seat beside the window, when my phone bleeped, signalling that I had a text. I looked at the screen to see Jacob’s name appear. I growled at the phone and flipped it open.
Hey Phoebe
Ill pick u up after school so we can talk about us. Xx
ILY babe xxx

I flipped it shut, not replying. The classroom started to fill up with whispering students. I knew they were whispering about me, you would have to be dense not to know that.
I just looked out the window, when a chair scraping along the floor caught my attention. I turned my head to see a sad-looking Alice. I just turned my head back to the window, not wanting to hear how Edward won’t shut up about me, or how ‘hurt’ he is. I just didn’t care. Well, that’s what I kept telling myself.
I wasn’t weak; I wasn’t going to let him get to me. It was only a crush, and you can kill crushes.
The bell finally rang for lunch. I was walking to the canteen when Rosalie stopped me in my tracks. I so wasn’t in the mood for acting.
“What?” I asked bluntly, still in the emotionless shell I had been in all day.
She looked a little shocked to be spoken to that way, but immediately brushed it off.
“Look,” she said, “I know you ‘don’t like’ Edward, but he has spoken me and I can see how much he loves you, and you are slowly killing him. So move to another town, stay away from him, and stop making him jealous with that mutt.”
I was on my last nerve again. My fists balled in tightly, hands started to shake, I was that enraged at the plastic blonde in front of me for telling me how to live my life. For a split second I thought about being nice to Edward just to annoy her, but that thought left as soon as it had appeared.

0 lovely rave reviews: